Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursdays in February.

So, It has been an exceptionally un-wintry winter here (yes, I know un-wintry makes all of the English majors out there cringe). It hasn't really rained. It barely snowed. My friend and I were talking about concerns of drought. 

So it is Thursday here, but it doesn't feel like it. I don't know why. It was another drab, dull - grey day. Which lead to more black and white photos. Both of these shots were taken with a Tamron 70-300 mm zoom lens.

I have been studying flash photography lately. Specifically Strobist style (ie getting your flash off-camera). If you are into photography and want to check out a good bit of info on it, you should go explore: http://www.strobist.blogspot.com/ . The lighting 101 and 102 pages are full of information.

The first is a shot near Fenway park.
I went for a soft focus on this. I am not really sure if I got the effect I was looking for or not. 

It was shot at ISO 200, 148 mm, f/11,  at 1/160sec.
I cropped it down further in Lightroom and did some other minor tweaks.  

















The next is "Waiting for Spring."
Something about this bird just said that to me. 
No crop on this one. Just a B&W conversion and other minor tweaks.
ISO 200  176 mm f/11 1/160sec.

No comments:

Post a Comment