Sunday, January 29, 2012

I HAVE RETURNED! (to my blog).

Hello. So I have not been here in a while. Work has been very stressful and time consuming. It does not exactly leave much time for taking photos and editing them. However, I did get my issue with my 50 mm prime lens taken care of. The people over at Hunt's Photography in Boston were very helpful and accommodating. Once I brought my lens over and they saw that whatever is wrong with it was not from my dropping of the lens; they replaced it with a new lens. So, of course I took a few pics. I am editing them in Lightroom, but these are a couple of the shots:

As with any new lens, the first thing I usually do is to go into the bathroom and shoot into the mirror. I have been doing this for years, ever since I got my first camera. I know it is not very creative or visually stimulating, but it is a ritual that I do. This image has been stripped of all colors except red. I bumped up the saturation a little on the red in Lightroom. This goes to show how much red pigment I have in my skin.  I would have thought I would appear much greyer.



As I was preparing to leave the apartment, I saw the light reflecting off of the dish detergent by the sink. I lined it up and created this image. Again, today is not a creative day, but rather a dry run for the new 50mm. The auto focus is much cleaner on this lens than the last one. I thought it was like that because it is an inexpensive lens. It turns out that the issue which made it inoperable was, apparently, happening the entire time that I had the lens. Oh well, things happen. Again, Thanks to the people at Hunt's in Kenmore Square for being kind of awesome. There is a bit of a mark up on their products. However the consistency of good service, from good people, is worth an extra buck or two.







So on to my last photo. This is Jesus. He lives down the street from me, in Malden MA. I feel bad for Jesus. He lives outside for the whole year. It must get cold in the winter. If I were Jesus, I would demand to be let inside. There is a rectory directly behind him. Jeez, I mean give a saviour a break. This particular image was shot on Main St. in Malden, near the Walgreen's. This particular image is also on the site of one of my earlier forays into the world of Lomo. Well enjoy. I will try not to be such a stranger to my blog.

Peace out and enjoy yourself.I am going to go annoy some people at BU by walking around with a camera around my neck. I find this usually freaks people right the heck out...

No comments:

Post a Comment